Friday, March 1, 2013

There's no such thing as an insta-perfect child.

We've been having some really rough days with Kaleb lately and this morning was no exception.  As I'm arguing with him, trying to get him out the door for school, I decided it was time to pull out the big guns.  That's right folks, I fake cried.  Any other moms ever do this?  Kaleb has only seen me upset a couple of times so in my head, I really thought this was going to be a slam dunk: insta-perfect child.  Kaleb typically has a pretty tender heart but apparently when it comes to his momma, he's like the Grinch before meeting Cindy Lou.  I got nothin' from his three-sizes-too-small heart.  I wish I could tell you that it worked like a charm and we skipped into school holding hands but, alas, that's just not the case.  I'd also love to tell you that when we picked him up from school, everything was hunky dory but, again, that was just not the case.  (He did manage to get a smily face from Mrs. Allen, further proof that I'm the lucky one who gets to see this side of him).  He continued to be fresh, I yelled some (which had the same effect as the fake crying), he lost his hulk PJs for 4 days (since he's 4 years old) and had to go in his room and write out 3 ways he was going to change his attitude (now that I'm thinking about it, he should have had to write 4 ways since he's 4 years old.  Ahh well, another day).  (Also, I'm a little obsessed with parenthesis!!) 



Not a bad list!  However, the real gem of this little project is the drawing at the bottom.  I asked him to tell me about his picture and he said "That's us driving in our mini van and that's mommy yelling at me and that's me just sitting in my seat".  Awesome!  We can chalk this morning up to a mommy semi-fail.  Hopefully we all just need a little nap and in a couple of hours, the Kristiansen fam will be blissfully celebrating Jakob's 2nd birthday at Red Robin!!  Bring on the ginormous burger and extra fries. . .this momma needs it today!

*When I originally wrote this, I wrote "honkey dorrey".  The Hubs quickly corrected me and said it's spelled "hunky dory".  Anyone else think that sounds like a compliment for the fish in Nemo?

No comments:

Post a Comment