Thursday, September 15, 2011

Music

I love music.  I always have.  Not in a way that suggests that I know anything about how it works; I sing on our worship team at church and most of the time, I have no idea what the real musicians are talking about.  No, that's not the way I love music.  I love music for the way that the lyrics speak to my heart like nothing else can.
Tonight at worship practice we sang a new song called "Lord, I Need you".  I can't stop listening to it!  Here's a link to Chris Tomlin's version:
The whole song is so great but my favorite part is the bridge.
"So teach my song to rise to You
when temptation comes my way. 
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on you;
Jesus You're my hope and stay."
I have absolutely no issue with recognizing that I need God.  My issue comes with the practical application part of it.  I beat myself up daily for the fact that turning to God isn't always my first response.  Honestly, I'm glad someone else put this sentiment into words.  Teach me to turn to You.  It's not a natural response; it's something that has to be learned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment